Sargent Memorial Library is open for in-person, appointment-based browsing during the COVID-19 pandemic when and only when the town of Boxborough remains a low to lower risk area. Throughout this time, the library will continue to provide curbside pickup services. If Boxborough’s average daily case rate increases to more than 4 cases per 100k, the Library will revert back to curbside pickup services only.
To enter the library proper, a person must:
- Sign up for a time slot through the Library’s Event Calendar (https://boxlib.org/services/browse/ec).
- Not be experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, not waiting for a COVID-19 test result, had not have a positive test result within 14 days of the appointment, AND has not traveled to a higher risk area within the last 14 days. *Please note all of the conditions listed above must be met.
- Follow the library’s pandemic prevention guideline by wearing face masks, using hand sanitizer, and staying 6 feet away from non-family members during the time they are in the library building.
How does it work
- Appointment times for in-person browsing and the registration forms are listed on the library’s Event Calendar (https://boxlib.org/services/browse/ec).
- The library is divided into two areas, the Main Hall (which includes the Young Adult Room), and the Children’s Room. Each area has a separate signup sheet. If you wish to visit both of the areas, please fill out both reservation forms.
- Each time slot is 30 minutes long and ends at the appointed time regardless of your arrival time (therefore don’t be late).
- Each time slot is available to one household of up to 5 members. Children MUST be accompanied by at least an adult. If your child is too young to wear a mask, please keep them in your arms during your visit.
- Every person in the library needs to be wearing a face mask properly.
- You will be able to check books out at the circulation desk, but please return all books using the outdoor book drop on your way in.
- To minimize contact at checkout, we ask that you kindly present each item barcode side up to the staff, starting with your library card followed by individual items you would like to checkout, so the staff can scan them into the system one by one.
- Finally, we would like to ask you to kindly respect the staff’s personal space and sense of wellbeing. It is not normal times, let us help each other out.