- Watch the performance videos from our Summer Reading performer, storyteller Diane Edgecomb for some fun and inspiration!
- Working with a parent, use Diane’s Storytelling Workshop video and worksheet to create your own storytelling performance.
- Practice! Tell your story to friends and family over video chat to get it just right.
- Have your parents make a video of you telling your story and send it to the library (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name and age.
- If you want to be included in a compilation video of all the stories we told this summer, get your parent to include a note giving permission when they send the video. (Otherwise we’ll keep the video private and you’ll still get a reward!)
- If you’re stuck and need some story ideas, you can use the story prompts from the Weekend Challenges on Beanstack.
- This isn’t a contest! All participants will earn a reward and the videos will not be judged. Just have fun being creative!
- Summer Reading participants of all ages are eligible to participate (even adults).
- If you’re nervous about telling a story by yourself, make a video with friends or family members.