The Sargent Memorial Library Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit, charitable organization, whose purpose is to raise funds to support the activities of Sargent Memorial Library in the Town of Boxborough.
What is your idea of a library? If you are only thinking about shelves of books, you'll need to broaden your imagination. Come to Sargent Memorial Library for the DVDs of the newest blockbusters, borrow a set of audiobooks for your commute, choose from our list of 32 museum passes for a new place to go, or learn something new from the many online databases we subscribe to. Visit us with a child at story time, attend one of our varied programs, build a Lego structure, or read a book to the therapy dog. Steal a moment of peace in one of our comfortable chairs beside the big, beautiful window, or hop onto our free WiFi to dash off a quick email. The library has so much to offer.
The Sargent Memorial Library Foundation has been generously supporting the library, making it possible for us to continuously provide our patrons with a wonderful selection of electronic resources, including:
- TumbleBooks: a delightful, digital collection of children's books where users can follow read-along titles, flip through graphic novels, or read longer chapter books, all without having to wait.
- Freegal: a free music download service that lets users download music to keep for free.
- AtoZ World Travel and State Guides with accurate and detailed information about each state and the countries around the world.
- Consumer Reports: an independent, nonprofit member organization that uses rigorous research, consumer insights, journalism, and policy expertise to inform purchase decisions and much more.
- Morningstar Investment Research which provides stock market analysis; equity, mutual fund, and ETF research, ratings, and picks; portfolio tools; and IRA, 401k, and 529 plan research.
- Mango Languages: a database that offers courses on 70+ languages in different levels.
- Ancestry.com: a database of historical records to assist people with their genealogy research.
The Foundation offers the additional support the library needs to expand and enrich our collection and services to our patrons. Foundation funds are not, and will not be used for operating or maintenance expenses.
General Donations are accepted at any time with any amount appreciated. Donations of $500 and above are uniquely recognized on the “Giving Tree” located in the library main hall. Gifting levels are recognized according to the chart below:
Silver Leaf: $500+
Gold Leaf: $1,000+
Small Stone: $5,000+
Large Stone: $10,000+